Sunday, January 13, 2008

Goulash for dinner...

Good Morning!!!

Well, the goulash is in the oven, and I have a minute to reflect on yesterday...it all began at 4 a.m. with my cats thinking mom had lost her mind getting out of bed at this time of the night!!! They didn't even want to eat yet!!! Grandpa, Grandma, and I were on our way out of town at 5:05 a.m. but there were two delays--one to return for Ebony's collar, and then a second turn around after a mile to take pictures of the new headstone in the cemetery..Grandpa sold most of his tractors this summer, and this allowed him to move my baby sister and brother to Prairie Grove, and buy the headstone. It was just set this week, and he is very proud.

We finally began our 4 hour trip to Oklahoma City(Edmond, actually) to spend the day with Grandpa's brother Lawrence, and Aunt Phyllis(who is also Mama's cousin). They moved in November from Dallas.We spent many hours of good reminiscing and catching up, and we went for a 2 hour drive through the countryside where I grew up-- seeing the school, old homestead, best friend's house, etc. Lots of memories, and realization that I don't remember lots of names and details!!!

My cousin Joyce(thier oldest) was with us also so it was a chance to visit and become rerelated.I really enjoyed the time, and Grandpa and Grandma did too. It was a great day. 4 hours home, and we were back by 9 p.m. I was tired!!! I am so glad that I was able to be here to make this happen for my parents!! Hope there are more of these times.


Now, it is goulash for dinner, and I sure wish you kids could be here to share it!! I sure miss you all!!



No comments: