Monday, November 5, 2007

Christmas Drawing?

Good morning. I woke up this morning to an apple and I thought of Grandpa Houston (and all the boxes of apples he would drop off on his way to and from Washington) which subsequently made me think of you all. I just love all of you so much and I am so happy that we've found a mode of communication that works.

So, what I am wondering is how you all feel about drawing names for Christmas? How TJ's family does it seems to work really well. There's a rotation for the grownups and just the cousins draw names. So here's how it would go (I want you to tell me what you think, honestly). And we would just send our gifts out to each other this year (hopefully some year in the future we'll all be together)--What about getting together next year? Can we all plan on being together Christmas 08? at Dad's? or somewhere central to a lot of us? Arkansas? Nebraska? Colorado? Boise? Use the comments to "vote" or give your opinions, please.

Janet and David -- Merrie and Andy
Christy--Leslie and Nic
Phillip and Cindy--TJ and Myself
Valerie and Justin--Janet and David
Merrie and Andy--Christy
Leslie and Nic--Phillip and Cindy
TJ and Myself--Valerie and Justin

No gift should cost more than $30 (cause we're not rich). and then we could draw names for the cousins. (cousins gifts shouldn't be more than 10 dollars). And, just to make sure that I would have everyone: Janet 5 children, Christy 2, phillip 2, valerie 2, merrie 2, leslie 3, and me 1. Right? Janet, what are David's kids names?

So, tell me, what do you think?

4 comments:

Debra Darling said...

My vote would be for christmas at Dad's because TJ and I will probably be in Utah as well around that time.

Also, I vote YES on Drawing names (Obviously I think it's a good idea because I was the one blogging about it).

Love to you all!

The Four Eggs said...

Debra I agree that some sort of drawing would be a great idea.. only one problem with it... most of us never mail off packages..(myself included) and getting together for a christmas sounds like a great idea to me.. depending on where i am in a year of course.

JELLO said...

Davids Kids names are Micheal and Elizabeth

Blah Blah Black Sheep said...

Drawing names is great for me and thanks to Jello for filling in the names. Dad's house for Xmas works even though I plan to be living in a new house then and would love everyone to come to me but I know that I am in no way central to anyone. And I will mail it has been my goal this year and I did acheive about half of the Birthday cards to my Siblings, yes I still need to work on the neices and nephews. I do now have them all programmed into my outlook so that I get reminders to mail cards.