Happy Thanksgiving!!!
As Debra has called with gravy questions, and pecan pie questions, and Christy has dealt with making dressing, I reflect back to the year that I was slicing the turkey, and thought I had gotten cranberry sauce on it, only to discover I had sliced my hand!!!! Remember??? Guess we were all really lucky this year, I burned three fingers grabbing up the glass lid of the yams after I had just taken it out of the oven(Smart, huh?) but thankfully, Grandpa had Silvadine in the fridge, so I got good, immediate treatment. And evidently, Leslie's stove fire was contained without extreme damage...what other happenings were there that everyone tried to hide??? (Hey, Janet, just more to add to the book!!!!) We also don"t want to forget the first turkey that Christy cooked, and the discovery of the giblets(in bag) cooked within...
Thanksgiving...I am so thankful that life is unpredictable and that Heavenly Father supports me during my questioning times. I am thankful for this opportunity to spend time with my aging parents and my siblings. I am thankful to Alexander Graham Bell for his initial invention of the telephone, and our modern cell phones which lessen the distance between me and all of you!!! I am thankful for my wonderful children, grandchildren, and all of those spouses out there!!! I am thankful for computers, and email, and Kodak Gallery, and this Blog...
I am thankful for my CC and Bloom who curled up on the couch with me last night and needed lots of loving...(maybe that was prompted by the teen temps, but I appriciated the company, anyway!!).
Now Thanksgiving day is over, and it is time to remove the Fall deco, and bring out the holly, mistleloe, and manger scenes. Thank you, all, for sharing a bit of your day with me yesterday, and I so look forward to your next posts!!!
Friday, November 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment